From a newly released Wall Street Journal article: “The conventional wisdom is that our education system is failing our economy. But our companies deserve a lot of the blame themselves.” “Unfortunately, American companies don’t seem to do training anymore. Data are hard to come by, but we know that apprenticeship programs have largely disappeared, along […]
What do snowflakes and people have in common? Neither of us are alike! So how, in a “people” profession, is it possible to effectively engage individuals on a personal level while maintaining a credible vantage point from a more macroscopic corporate level? It’s time to put the “Human” back in Human Resources. I highly suggest […]
I shared this answer on LinkedIn and it was chosen as a Best Answer. Here are the top three reasons why communication fails in an organization and how to fix it: Communication fails for three reasons: 1) Lack of clarity in the message of the presenter. 2) Lack of comprehension or misinterpretation by the receiver. […]
- Expert Interview Series: Joey Price of Jumpstart:HR on Why Good HR People are Compliance Experts, Talent Consultants, and Workforce Planners
- What to Do if Your Job Offer Is Put on Hold
- How To Develop an Employee Development Plan
- Three of the Biggest Myths About Branding Yourself Online
- How to make positive change: Do everything you’ve never done.